Sunday, 22 November 2009

Jedward and another rant about Zealots

It really feels like a sunday night. However, it is now closer to monday morning, and by the end of this blog it probably will be. I haven't been bothered to blog lately, personal statements and shit getting in the way. Been trying to catch up with work and stuff. I'v also refound King's Quest, the old 1980's/90's adventure games by roberta williams and Sierra online. Brilliant stuff.

Tonight I heard an awesome bit of news...JEDWARD ARE OUT OF THE X-FACTOR!. And so, my Boycott shall end. All due respect to them, but they couldn't sing for toffee!!! Enjoyed Spider-Man 3; I love how Harry O turned part of the Sandman into glass with his fire. LOL!

Anyway, was just looking through my bookmarks and I accidentally clicked onto my favorite comedy site- http://www.freetractsource.co.uk/ - where overzealous christians can find pointless bits of paper to hand out to random people in town squares and at gigs. Y'know, the kind of people who have A. A very strong belief in god and the bible, who attempts to convert people to extreme christianity through scare tactics and denouncing solid scientific explaination with fake science. People who B. Have nothing else to do, and really need to get a life.
Really! STOP TRYING TO SAVE ME! Going to hell would be the only way i'd ever get a tan anyway.
They talk so pointlessly grandious! Who do they think they are?!
For example...

Click me for pointless religious drivel!


I can't watch that video past the first two minutes. Its filmed at sheffield fright night, where his group of NINE zealots are preaching, handing out propogandous bullshit and being generally anal. He says early on in the video, "Halloween is a pagan tradition...has nothing to do with christians" SO WHY THE HELL ARE YOU ALL THERE!!! IF IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU, WHY BOTHER GOING?... "because we want to save people from eternal damnation, via teaching them the error of their ways in going ot such an event", would probably be the response. So allow me to quote a description of Fright Night 2009, from the official website...

"Fright Night is Britain’s biggest Halloween party, attracting 38,000 people into the City Centre each year and has become a Sheffield institution! Always staged on the Sunday before Halloween, we close the roads around Fargate, Barkers Pool, Peace Gardens, Surrey Street, Leopold Street, Orchard Square, Millennium Square & Winter Gardens for this ‘mass promenade’ event. Attractions for 2009 include street theatre, ghost tours, Star Wars Stormtroopers, haunted house, ghost train, Dalek & Cyberman, Hagrid lookalike, a fancy dress catwalk, funfair rides/stalls, stilt walkers, a samba band, food stalls, children’s activities & craft stalls."

So, here's the million pound question; What is so pagan about Funfair Rides, Street Theatre, Stormtroopers, Doctor Who, Arts and Crafts, Childrens activities, Food and Samba Music!?!?
Ghost trains and haunted houses are just harmless scare-self shitless fun, and ghost tours arn't exactly a oigee board and a child sacrifice are they!! These people really piss me off. I have NOTHING against christianity, BUT I wish people would keep their beliefs to THEMSELVES.
So, I shall point out my stance on Christianity.

DO NOT TRY TO SAVE ME. DO NOT PREACH AT ME. Here's some blasphamy- God's sake, Jesus Christ, bloody spirit!! If heaven would mean an eternity talking to you, i'd rather burn for eternity, because theres a slight chance that one day, I may learn to enjoy it. 35,000 of Us, 9 of you. Frankly, why do you bother. Stop trying to convert us and get on with your lives.

Anyway, rant over.
Religion really pisses me off.
Bee x

No comments:

Post a Comment